We’re Here To Compete – in Business, as Leaders and in Life.
The greatest fallacy of our time is that businesses exist solely to profit, and that profit is the measure of performance. But profit is only one outcome of competitiveness, and is not a catalyst of performance. Great businesses are built from the individual, into leadership and then emerge as businesses that know how to outcompete.
A profit-first motive feeds self-interest, politics, and short-termism.
It saps the competitive strength out of any business, and any individual.
Yes, of course, you must make a profit to grow your business and be sustainable.
But it mustn’t be your reason for being in business.
Those who think profit should be a business’s prime focus simply want to profiteer from the efforts and talents of others. Don’t let them.
Today and always, businesses exist to Compete.
As an individual, as a leader and in business we must all learn what it means to compete if we are to reach an entirely new level of performance, which is within each of us.
Do you want to Compete?
What Does It Mean to Compete in Business?
Businesses that Compete are focused on being the best they can be, and building their capability to always win. Profit is an outcome – it is not the motive.
They understand there is an engine that drives the capacity of their business to Compete.
This engine sets the floor and ceiling to their success and holds the answers to a business’s performance and any performance problems.
It requires thinking strategically, building real growth, and creating decisive competitiveness.
It starts with an understanding of their competitive engine.
Do you want your business to Compete?
In Life, In Leadership and In Business
We have all but forgotten how great it is to lead and work in businesses that Compete. We have forgotten that great businesses are built from the individuals that work within them, through into leadership and then emerge as competitively fit businesses:
- In life as individuals, we must seed and strengthen our Achiever Traits.
- As leaders, we must seed and strengthen those traits that make us Worthy Leaders.
- And only then will the Competitive Engine in our businesses enable their full and real competitive potential.
An Entirely New Level of Performance is available to all of us, but only if we seek to understand what it means to Compete.
The Benefits of Being Able To Compete
We have all but forgotten what it means to Compete; to compete firstly against ourselves. Many of us do not even know what a life of enduring success feels like and how it empowers everything we do. And the worthy leaders who enable others to greatness, are few and far between.
The thrill and challenge of doing better every day. Of actually going to work with a purpose greater than yourself and working with the best, at their best.
Imagine how your everyday would be if you worked in a business that knew how to Compete, a business that:
- Delivers greater customer value every day; it’s the cornerstone of who they are.
- Continually seeks and finds new opportunities.
- Has leaders who thrive in and are fulfilled by their business.
- Their employees feel great pride and passion in their work, and the opportunities it provides them.
- And their customers are committed followers and supporters.
- As for profit – they’re highly profitable, they throw off free cash flow, and their capital value is compounding.
And all of this because they know how to Compete.